Another FREEEEEEEZING cold day here in Canada, eh! Although I am absolutely trying to remain a positive polly – it’s getting to me. Countdown is on to our live event in Palm Springs (wanna come?) and I can’t wait to TEACH and be surrounded by the sunshine!
I spent last week in beautiful British Columbia skiing with my family, and it brought up so much reflection in terms of life, business, fears and love. It reminded me that living a life full of joy is MY CHOICE, that having a business that runs the way I want it to — is all me. It’s ALL ME!
That the fear’s I choose to give in to: all me! If you’ve ever been to Golden, Bc you know they have an incredible ski hill – the Kicking Horse Mountain. And I’m telling you the minute you see it there’s this tiny sense of holy shit that is an insanely large mountain – and you want me to SKI DOWN IT? This ‘old’ thing, fear took over, so here’s how I personally evaluate fear vs moving forward:
Fear sounds like this:
- I haven’t been on my skis since well….I was 26
- I obviously grew a tiny bit in size, so are my skis really going to fit?
- Crap my boots do not fit — pregnancy made my feet go from a 7 to a 8 (anyone else?)
- I can’t do it, what if I break my wrist then I can’t do my blogging and all the social media things
- Umm judgement, who is that person coming down the hill like a mad woman with no control. Judgement — it takes over right?
Boss Megan sounds like this:
- You have to do this, your kids are watching and they are going down the hill — show them what you’ve got.
- This is like business – so scary, but you know you’ll be okay
- Adrenaline is good for the soul Megan, a little bit of excitement is going to remind you of a few things.
- I’ll do it because it’s fun, and will create joy. — like really look at how beautiful the land we were given is!
- Don’t WASTE this opportunity — you’re HERE NOW do it!
Release the fear and do it…right. SO I did after 7+ years of being OFF my skis I got back on and started slow.
But here’s the thing that skiing on a giant mountain and business have in common: you never know what the mountain looks like until you are ON IT.
The exact PIECE Of mountain changes day by day, it transforms – the snow is softer, harder, new bumps get built over night, the people on the mountain change, the sun comes or goes, the weather, the calmness of YOU, the anxiety YOU bring, the perspective & your VIEW change every time you are there.
Day by day business changes, transforms – the people change, your mood changes, your kids get sick or activities adjust, the platforms (social media) change.
Facebook is great one day, Instagram is all the rage another. One day you even look at your own Business Page/ Content and realize that an entire MONTH has gone by where you didn’t post anything at all UH OH.
On this beautiful morning, while I sip my coffee I want to inspire you to look at the mountain (aka your business) and KNOW that you can do everything you desire with it, it will take time, and every day it will change.
When. I think about my own business in 2014 before B-school, I had NO clue what an online course was, what modern marketing was, or how to put together a proper e-mail sequence. Now — I’ve got those things on repeat, thanks to Marie Forleo, her B-school and my commitment to accountability. I will not quit — I will always find ways to grow and give myself permission to learn.
Trust yourself, you’re a creative genius, I’ll see you in my B-school Bonus because it’s closing soon, and I know the mountain you’re seeing will feel a heck of a lot more manageable when you have the support, people and guidance you’re craving xo -Megan
My name is Megan Lockhart and I am the CEO of Hello Life Academy.
Follow THE JOURNEY ON IG
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
© Copyright 2018 Hello Life Academy Inc. All Rights Reserved
Watch the 3 Part video Series to take your ideas and LAUNCH them