The town goes crazy, the Facebook groups panic and store front owners everywhere are wondering what the heck is happening. Last week a restaurant and local fave closed in Airdrie — and everyone started talking about ‘supporting local businesses’. And I LOVE this, buttttt there’s a lot more to it than just showing ‘support’ and having one or two dinners there.
Places are CLOSING and it seems not just 1-2, 5-10, there’s about a million reasons for this (politics)
In the last 3 days I have shopped at:
A few reasons:
- I am not a fan of leaving Airdrie
- I am afraid of driving I am not a fan of big crowds
- I’m lazy (see 1-3)
- I personally feel connected to these stores because I’ve been going to them for 5+ years. (i’m loyal!)
Store fronts are suffering, and HELP is on the way…(keep reading)…
One of my favourite things to do when it’s spring and summer is to scoot around town and stop into stores…I am a WILD supporter of local businesses…and I have to say I have seen SO many come and go in the last 4 years. Some by choice — some because of money.
But going into these stores ALWAYS makes me recognize the difference between online and offline marketing.
Gasp — they are the same.
Store front owners this one is for you — from chiropractors to restaurants, I know you can use a few of these tips and tricks to enhance traffic and increase dollar bills xo
The other thing that I fully understand as an entrepreneur — things change fast & often, which is why we have to keep learning, keep creating and keep finding joy in the trends instead of pushing back on them.
One day barre classes are hot, the next week a new studio with crazy things hanging from the ceiling is hotter. Then you have social media – Instagram stories are aweeeesome right now, but next month it’s possible they’ll be gone (…probs not but you get what I’m saying). Remember periscope?
I know It can be hard to ‘keep up’ with modern marketing, but I promise you it’s also a lot of fun. Email marketing, blogs, influencers — these things excite the heck out of me.
Let it be easy, let it be fun….
If you’re a store front owner, I’ve got some questions to spark reflection, and an AMAZING FREE CHECKLIST to spark creativity and get you on board with the modern marketing (these are things you can implement NOW!)
1. Are you using modern marketing (email marketing? Instagram stories, Affiliates/ Influencers?? – or are you using newspaper ads and networking events exclusively?
2. Are you investing into your marketing? (aka if you do not understand instagram stories —- it’s OKAY but probs’ a good time to do some learning or hiring)
3. Mindset — When you’re around other business owners, what kind of language are you using? Are you constantly saying “this was a hard month/year/quarter”? Can you shift this?
4. Are you coming and going online? — this is BAD for your store — people will lose trust AND they will forget about you (so sorry!).
4. Are you collaborating and cross – promoting in a genuine way? Sharing posts doesn’t really work. Writing reviews, tagging pics DOES work. Do not post for post — that doesn’t work. What does work is — going into another store, using their products, writing a blog about it, featuring them on your website — (yay SEO!)
Your path is BEAUTIFUL, whether you’re a store front owner or an online entrepreneur — you have the choice to chance and shift a few things. Understanding where your clients are (they are online!) can really give you a boost.
SO specifically for the store front owners who are working their buns off — Use the FREE CHECKLIST below to improve your modern day marketing which might spice up traffic to your store.
Check out these awesome resources to help you with modern marketing:
Use this for email marketing – Ontraport.
Use this for instagram or pinterest scheduling – Tailwind.
Leave a thought below in the comments, will you being using the checklist to review your store front??? –
Sending you lotsa business love xo
– Megan xo
My name is Megan Lockhart and I am the CEO of Hello Life Academy.
© Copyright 2018 Hello Life Academy Inc. All Rights Reserved
Watch the 3 Part video Series to take your ideas and LAUNCH them