The craziest thing happened, someone came BACK into my life. Isn’t it crazy how people stay connected to you? I sure think so.
Which is why I can’t tell you enough folks — customer service, customer experience and don’t discount someone when they. say NO the first few times lol. In this case — Samantha Laycock never really said no, she kept saying “next time”.
That next time turned into 2019 as a Hello Life Academy member. I am SO proud of this woman – she literally has shown up in such a powerful way ever since I met her back in 2014.
She has been featured in many blogs, podcast interviews and speaking on stage. Not to mention helping women find THEIR VOICE after abuse. She’s a woman to watch — and I’m so proud of her I could cry all over the page as I write this.
We sat with her to ask her some questions…and we know you’re going to soak up all the answers. She has been a business owner for several years but her subscription box gets you into deep into self-care. I adore this woman and know she’s going to be on Ellen someday (heck yes!)
- How long have you been a business owner? BeYOUtiful Box began in May of 2016 with the first subscription box being delivered with all local Airdrie, Alberta businesses inside of it.
2. What would you say is your absolutely favorite thing about business? It is finding all of these women owned small businesses. 99% of the businesses that I work with are run by women. It just blows my mind the amazing products that these women create. The love and dedication they put into them is what buying from small businesses is all about.
3. What would be a PERFECT day in the life of YOU? OOOOH. It’s so fun to think about this question. The perfect day would include dropping off my kids at school, getting a yoga class in, meditating and journaling, meeting and talking to some vendors, writing my book, prepping and speaking at a women’s event. I love to cook so being in the kitchen is a must for me. Then being able to pick up my kids and just enjoy them. Having uninterrupted playtime until it was dinnertime. Reading a story to them every night and tucking them in. Before bed, spending quality time with the husband before we headed off to bed. That would be my perfect day.
4.What would you say if someone was thinking about building a business?
Just go for it. Place the fear aside. Place the thoughts of others aside.
You will never know if it is going to work if you don’t try. Failing isn’t the end but most of the time it is the beginning.
Don’t wait until you have it all figured out because YOU NEVER WILL!!!!
Who do you want to take a minute to celebrate?
I have been working with other businesses now for almost 3 years. There are so many businesses that I love and it’s so hard to choose. I shout this business out often because I use their products daily and I love them so much. Red Lemon Naturals is based out of British Columbia. They make AMAZING face washes, face oil, face masks, and hair oil. I seriously love all of the products that they make. I have the world’s worst sensitive skin and I have seen such an improvement by using their products.
So what happens when Samantha feels overwhelmed as a mom, entrepreneur and wife (and human being!)
She has 7 steps for us to implement every day to reduce stress and create balance:
- Take 7 deep breaths with your eyes closed.
- When you wake up in the morning, throughout the day, and before you fall asleep at night; repeat the affirmation, I am worthy.
- Create a DIY (Do it yourself) face mask, put it on after the kids are in bed, and follow with a shower. My favorite DIY mask is Honey (I warm mine up a bit), baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Mix them together and keep on your face for 15-20 minutes.
- Stand in the power pose for 1-2 minutes
- Do a gratitude journal every night before bed.
- Grab a book and read (She’s reading Jen Sincero books right now!)
- Do a 3 move yoga sequence.
Make sure you check out Samantha’s amazing products and self-care boxes. She’s open for public speaking events and LOVES when you follow her Facebook Business page here.
My name is Megan Lockhart and I am the CEO of Hello Life Academy.
Follow THE JOURNEY ON IG
Error: Access Token for hellolife.academy is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
© Copyright 2018 Hello Life Academy Inc. All Rights Reserved
Watch the 3 Part video Series to take your ideas and LAUNCH them